Aboard Coral Adventurer, discover the captivating coastline of New Zealand’s South Island that abounds with marine life as we make our way to the deep and quiet fiords of Murihiku (Southland). This journey explores New Zealand’s charming east coast towns and will discover wildlife in their natural habitats along the way, including legions of bird species. Enjoy access to remote and difficult-to-reach wilderness areas within the Marlborough Sounds and Fiordland and visit sheltered coves and islands to find fur seals, kakapos, and pods of friendly dolphins.
- Explore Rakiura (Stewart Island) with opportunities for endemic birdwatching and an opportunity to hike a section of the Rakiura Track
- Explore four of Fiordland’s most beautiful sounds – the astonishing and rarely-visited Dusky and Doubtful Sounds, Thompson Sound, and beautiful Milford Sound
- Observe the wildlife, discover the history, and be immersed in the stillness of unforgettable Southland
- Spend 1.5 days exploring Queen Charlotte sound in the spectacular Marlborough Sounds, and discover the history of Ship Cove, or walk a section of the famous Queen Charlotte Track
- Discover the unique character of east coast towns, from the French-influenced Akaroa to Dunedin’s Scottish heritage and Kaikoura’s seaside village charm
- Taste the world-renowned wines produced in the Hawke’s Bay and Marlborough regions on our specially curated New Zealand wine list
- Encounter many species of endemic birds and marine wildlife, including the Fiordland crested penguin, Yellow-eyed penguin, little penguin and New Zealand fur seal in Southland, the Sperm Whale in Kaikoura, and the dusky dolphin and Hector’s dolphin at Akaroa