The rich history and diverse marine life of Raja Ampat and Spice Islands are brought to life on a Coral Expeditions voyage. Aboard Coral Adventurer retrace the ancient trade routes of spice merchants trading Chinese silks for cloves, Indian cotton for nutmeg and Arabian coffee for pepper. Explore some of the hundreds of rarely visited islands of Raja Ampat whose waters harbour over 75% of the world’s coral and fish species. At Cenderawasih Bay, swim with the gentle whale sharks – the largest living non-mammalian vertebrate – in what guests describe as a ‘once in a lifetime experience.’ Walk through vibrant village markets. Experience a traditional welcome at Banda Neira where our ship is serenaded by kora kora canoes. Enjoy the view over sunset drinks at 17th century Dutch Fort Belgica. Climb atop Mount Pindito to marvel at one of the world’s most photographed marine scenes: the jagged green limestone cliffs and crystal clear water of Wayag.
- Indulge with three days in spectacular Raja Ampat, the famed ‘Four Kings’ archipelago
- Swim in the turquoise waters of Yapap natural pool
- Discover Wayag’s ‘gumdrop’ islands and be rewarded by the view from Pindito Peak
- Swim with the gentle and majestic whale sharks at Cenderawasih Bay, the world’s largest fish
- Be welcomed to Banda Neira by the exciting spectacle of the traditional Kora Kora canoes
- Explore the ancient kingdoms fought over by English, Dutch, and Portuguese explorers
- Learn the customs & cultures of West Papua and Indonesia, and experience local culture, including traditional dances, handicrafts and fresh local food