Experience the nautical tradition that is the Sydney to Hobart yacht race. Embarking in Broken Bay on December 26th, soak in the excitement at the start of the race from Coral Discoverer. Watch the fleet sail past as you hear expert commentary from your onboard Special Guest Lecturer Sue Crafer. We sail the south coast and Bass Strait with the trailing fleet. Once across the Strait enjoy the scenic rugged Tasmanian coast with the opportunity to join our expedition team on a number of guided shore excursions to Tasmania’s National Parks. Scheduled to arrive in Hobart on New Year’s Eve, it’s time to enjoy the buzz of the race and New Year’s Eve celebrations.
- Enjoy a grandstand view of the start of the Sydney to Hobart race as leaders come tearing through Sydney Heads
- Trail the yachts on a coastal cruise while you enjoy a drink at Coral Discoverer’s sundeck Xplorer Bar
- Visit Adventure Bay on Bruny Island and stretch your legs on the Fluted Cape walk
- Your cruise is accompanied by Special Guest Lecturer who will provide insights into race tactics, history and culture
- Ring in the New Year onboard and enjoy Captain’s farewell drinks